Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I am a follower of my own blog.

This is an amateurish mistake.
I can't seem to deselect myself.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Betsy,
    You take an interesting position on the co-authoring vs versioning discussion. I see quite a bit of difference between the two...probably because of intellectual property rights. For example, who owns the class wiki when we all get done? Dr. Knight is the owner of the wiki. If I wanted to post the bibliography on a different wiki, would I need her permission even though it was a collaborative effort? Or, would I need permission from all of the contributors or none of them?

    I'd like to hear more about your filmmaking. Is that a collaborative effort or a solo gig? You mention that you believe novel writing is a solo gig, yet most of my published author friends collaborate on significant portions of their ultimately published work--not to mention the editing process they go through before publication. Even though they collaborate, they own the copyrights.

    I'd like to hear more about why you believe creating technologically literate students is faulty and how as citizens of the world they bring their literacy into the classroom with them. Are you talking about basic computing skills or more advance applications like I believe Ellertson is referring to?

    I believe many students are having challenges with Standard English. They're good in on SNS, but the language is more relaxed there. Using applications like Adobe Flash and Dreamweaver call for a more sophisticated use of language--both SE and HTML, not to mention object-oriented programming or WYSIWYG editors. I think students need to be taught these applications in cohort with composition-rhetoric. I think is the new face of technology literacy.

    ReplyDelete